- Drop H at daycare
- Shower - this seems odd since I love my showers and would love nothing more than to start every day with one like a normal person, but since I can’t do it while H is awake - I’m not sacrificing sleep for it! - they have been relegated to nighttimes. And often by the time I’ve gotten him into bed and sat down to eat my dinner I become a prisoner of the sofa until I realise it’s time to drag myself to bed and then it’s just too late. So even on daycare days, by the time I’ve dressed and gone out and come home, it’s easy to forget that part of the routine that usually happens pre-dressing.
- Do the dishes – see passage above about trying to do them with H around.
- Vac and mop the floor – this it the one that often gets passed over in favour of:
- Do a couple of hours work – this is fine and usually happens first, as I can sit on my ass with a cuppa and a piece of toast and get right into it, checking Facebook periodically. But once the actual work part is finished, the sitting on my ass part seems to continue indefinitely…
- Eat lunch – never fail to complete this task.
- Do some laundry – I often leave this to last as I think I can manage it with H around.
- Clean up before picking H up – seems to be optional.
NB here's an update. You will be pleased to note that I vacuumed, mopped AND waxed today. To reward myself I am now eating an entire packet of BBQ flavoured sakatas. The baby wanted them. It told me.